Full strong brows are here to stay, so if the arch is lacking support, it’s time to set a plan to get back in the game. “Most people think that you just have to stop fussing with them to get them to grow back, and the truth is, there are may other factors that come into play when you’re growing your brows in that can make a difference on how and when they grow in…from the food you eat to the products you use to the genes you’re born with,” says Boom Boom, owner of Boom Boom Brow Bar.
It all starts with patience – for some it might take only 3-4 months, but it can take up to a full year to see the final results from a strategic brow growth plan.
- Nutrition - Fuel growth from inside out with Vitamin B, B-1, B-2 and Biotin (found in dairy products, whole grains, vegetables, fruits and meat). Proper Iron (found in eggs, leafy greens, meat and fruit) levels are crucial too because hair relies on blood to carry oxygen and nutrients for growth. And, since hair is made of a protein called keratin, Protein (found in meat, beans, nuts and legumes) is also important. If nutrition is good and hair is still not growing, check hormone levels, thyroid function and stress as they can affect hair growth as well.
- Lotions and Potions – Many skincare products (lotions, moisturizers, foundations and sunscreen) can clog pores in brows and affect growth, so do not apply to the brow area. Exfoliating the area can help to remove product buildup and promote circulation for growth.
- Makeup – Be gentle when applying brow makeup to enhance thickness and density, being rough can cause hair to fall out or break…and if brows seem to get thinner or stop growing, check to see if one of the products or the application technique are the culprit.
- Growth Serum – Sometimes the big guns need to be called in, like if you have past trauma (plucked too much or born with thin brows), growth serums like Boom Boom Brow Job are a must. Most have success after applying twice a day for 3-4 months.
- Self Control – During the growing in phase (3-4 month to a year), do NOT pluck or wax brows. See a professional who can manage the growth process, because although it’s tempting to pluck a stray hair, that stray could turn out to be a part of a newer thicker brow, so be careful!
“Most people who have issues growing their brows can change one or two things and have great success, the key is finding which one or two to concentrate on,” adds Boom Boom.
Malynda Vigliotti (aka Boom Boom) is obsessed with brows – 299K + served at Boom Boom Brow Bar in NYC!! It’s fast, convenient, affordable and FUN!! Everyone should have thick gorgeous eyebrows; after all, they are the most important feature on the face and THE best accessory EVA! Just walk-in! Happy Hour every Monday – Friday.