Microblading is the trendiest new brow service to make brows look fuller and more dimensional, and it’s now at Boom Boom Brow Bar @ 30 Greenwich Avenue by Kait Paige Beauty.
Microblading is great for filling in gaps, finessing your the length, width, density and color, and for sculpting a beautiful arch. It looks completely natural, and it saves time because you wake up with perfect brows that last well over a year.
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent tattooing technique that creates hair like strokes of color to make brows look big and bold. A temporary pencil is first used to map out the shape of each brow. Then, a topical numbing cream is applied and a special microblading pen is used to draw on individual fine strokes of color on the skin that look like natural hair. It takes 1.5 hours and lasts one year. The healing process takes about 10 days and a 30-minute touch-up is recommended after that time.
- The procedure must heal, peel and fade which takes up to 10 days
- Do not touch the area, except to clean and dab with a damp cotton to prevent scabbing
- Apply oil Vitamin E to area to promote healing and retain pigment
- No makeup, tinting of lashes/brows, sun, soap, sauna, steam, Jacuzzi, swimming for 7-10 days
- Color will look darker for the first 10 days, after healing and peeling color fades
- Once healed, wear sunblock to protect color
- Do not use products that contain AHA’s, Vitamin A, Retinol, glycolic or lactic acids – pigment will fade
- A 30-minute touch up is required for maximum results, additional touchups may be needed.
Microblading is part of the brow game now, so make an appointments @ 516-972-7406. Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Initial Cost $425, Touch Ups $125.Have a friend that needs to go a little bolder? Share this post and get them back in the game.